This version allows the analysis of NACA 4, 5 and 6-digit airfoils using the built-in library. In addition, the airfoils can be modified within the program and exported to ASCII (text) or .dxf file formats.
VisualFoil 5.0 uses a linear strength vortex panel method coupled with boundary layer analysis solver to compute lift, drag and moment coefficients for subsonic (Prandtl-Glauert correction) and incompressible flows past airfoils. The stall model allows the estimation of the angle of maximum lift. Graphs of Cl vs angle of attack, Cl vs Cd and other curves are available within the software and can be exported to external reports.
More information about VisualFoil can be found at: http://www.hanleyinnovations.com/vfnaca.html
VisualFoil 5.0 is excellent for:
- accurate airfoil analysis and computing lift, drag and moment coefficients
- NACA 4, 5 & 6-Digit Airfoil library
- student projects (aircraft, wind energy, hydrofoils)
- an inexpensive airfoil reference tool
- classroom demonstrations
- printing airfoils templates on a Windows supported printer
- exporting accurate representations of airfoils to .dxf files
Please use the following link to purchase the software.
Do not hesitate to contact me at (352) 249-3658 if you have any questions.
Thanks for reading.